Broiled (or Roasted) Salmon with Chai Spice Rub & Maple Cream, from Chai Wallah VT
- 4 Salmon filets
- 2 tsp. Maple Cream
- 2 tsp. Chai Spice Rub
For the Chai Spice Rub:
- 2 tbsp. Chai Spice (fine ground, from Chai-Wallah.com)
- 2 tsp. kosher salt (suggest Red Diamond)
- 1/4 tsp. five spice powder.
Smear the Salmon filets with Maple Cream and roll in the spice mixture.
Allow to sit for ten minutes and then broil (or roast) in the oven until done.
TERIYAKI SAUCE (to serve with Chai Salmon)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. Mirin
- 1/4 cup water
- Garlic, one clove, crushed
- Fresh Ginger, one slice
- Small piece of Star Anise
- 1/4 tsp. cornstarch mixed with 1/2 tsp. water.
Add everything to a pan and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Strain, and serve with salmon.